Top Five Family Activities Right Outside Your Door at Olivia Beach Resort by Meredith Lodging
Families LOVE Olivia Beach! The moment we arrive, the charming Nantucket-Cottage-style architecture and inviting front porches make us feel like we have left our cares behind and arrived somewhere extra-special. Add in those beautifully landscaped streets and public spaces that are nearly empty of cars and traffic (thanks to cars parking behind the homes) and the close proximity (and dedicated entrance) to a beautiful stretch of the Oregon coast and you understand why Olivia Beach is a dream vacation destination anytime…and especially when you have kiddos in tow.
Our favorite part of renting a vacation home in Oliva Beach is that so many activities are right outside our door or in nearby walking distance. We’ve captured our favorite family-friendly outings and wanted to share them with you for your next #staywithmeredith at Olivia Beach!
5. Having a catch – or a frisbee tag – in the greenspace. The greenspace at Olivia Beach is like the kitchen in your house – the heart of the community. We love that families use this space every day to play and enjoy the sun when it is shining. It’s the first place our kids want to go upon arrival – and the perfect place to “get the wiggles out” for the whole family.
4. The PLAYGROUND! For the little ones (and their parents), nothing is better than an on-property playground that is easy to get to and requires no “packing up of the car”. We love that we can take a cup of coffee and join our early-risers for some swing and slide time every morning.
3. The Community Firepit – and s’mores for dessert everyday! We try to end as many fun-filled days as we can in this cozy corner of Olivia Beach. From the well-stocked stash of firewood that is ready to go to the expansive seating, to meeting other families who are visiting…we enjoy gathering the whole gang and heading down to the firepit for s’mores and good conversation.
2. Best Pool on the Oregon Coast??? We are pretty sure Olivia Beach has that all locked up. Our kids cannot wait to return to the seasonal pool at Olivia Beach each year (and we love the adjacent fitness center, too!). There is plenty of space for all of us to lounge poolside while they splash and play – and that calming sound of waves at the nearby beach really makes us feel like we are on vacation. Speaking of that….
1. THE BEACH! The stretch of coastline across the street from Olivia Beach is one of the most beautiful we have ever seen, and the dedicated access is so convenient. PRO TIP: one of our favorite places to watch the sunset in Oregon is the bench located about halfway down the beach access stairs…and we have caught many a life-changing sunset from that very spot. Once you get to the beach, there is sand and shoreline for miles and your family will never tire of the seemingly endless sandcastle-building, frisbee throwing, bird watching, tidepool exploring and family gathering opportunities along this gorgeous stretch of the Oregon Coast.
We hope to see you soon when you #staywithmeredith at Olivia Beach! Visit our entire Olivia Beach collection here: Olivia Beach Resort by Meredith Lodging